Transfering drawing drawn in 'Front' to 'Top/Plan'

Hi Jim,

When you say the 'Wall PIO' do you mean the wall tool in the Tool sets ?

Its 2d drafting but was drawn in the 'Front' current view. - the problem with that is that half the drawing is in 'Top/plan' and half in 'front' so that when we try to view all the drawings together on the design layer we cant as they are in different current views.

I could just change it on the viewport, which would work for exporting individual drawings as pdfs or to print, but again the issue is that i cant see and make decisions on all my drawings in the design layer as they are in different current views.

LLI

Yes the Wall Tool is what I was referring to.

Ahh, I think I know what you mean, I think this is a Layer Plane Issue. In the Object Info Pallet are your objects on Layer or Screen Plane?

What you should be able to do is select all your objects drawn in Front View, then change your view to Right or Left, then rotate the objects so they now are in Plan View. This may take some Rotating or moving but that should fix the issue.

2d objects have a screen/layer setting (plane mode) in the OIP.

The drawing has separate a screen/layer setting in the menu bar.

Try this on your Front view objects (should work individually or in bunches, or all at once, but test on a single one first):

Set the drawing to Layer Plane mode.

Switch drawing to Front view

Select the Front view objects

In the OIP, toggle the plane mode to Screen

Switch drawing to Top/Plan

In the OIP, toggle the plane mode to Layer

Keep the objects selected, because you may have to relocate them to align with the objects drawn in Top/Plan.