Create Animation to produce JPEGS

Hello VW community..

I am trying to create a a fly through and produce JPEGs for each frame in the path , but its not working as I think it should or maybe it can't do what I want..

I chose Create Animation - Move Along Path - Quicktime Options - Compression type - 'Photo - JPEG'

I also create a path between two views over 1 x second

Now I was thinking that when I save the file it would produce 30 JPEGS, one for every frame .... but it doesn't do this it just saves a quicktime file...

Does anyone know and have the time to let me in on whether it is possible to do what I am trying to do?

thanks

Andy

I am using VW 2013 on a large MAC...

Edited by Andy M

I think the "jpeg" setting of what you are doing is just specifying the compression type.

It looks to me like the create animation dialog is only going to make a quicktime file, and do the sequencing of frames internally.

I don't think what you're trying to do is possible in VW. You would need to export to another program.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
I think the "jpeg" setting of what you are doing is just specifying the compression type.

It looks to me like the create animation dialog is only going to make a quicktime file, and do the sequencing of frames internally.

I don't think what you're trying to do is possible in VW. You would need to export to another program.

Correct. Either a video editing software that is capable of exporting frames as images, or play the movie in a regular media player and take screenshots of which frames you are looking for.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

OpenGL should be the fastest, most likely followed by Hidden Line and then the various Renderworks modes.

To reduce rendering time but still get decent quality, your best bet is to test render with Custom Renderworks until you get the image you want, then perform the Create Animation.

The compression mode for the video will affect appearance, but should not affect the speed of the animation creation dramatically.

Edited by JimW