5 Designer/Renderworks 2011 Licenses For Sale

BenP

We've used VWX for over 10 years.

However, when they did the major change from 2010 to 2011 it required us to redraw all of our 3d symbols (which we frequently reuse). This forced us to relook at our choice of 3d CAD software and we decided to move on to Inventor.

We now have 5 licenses available for purchase at $800 ea.

I called our local (Canada) agent who indicated that the cost to upgrade from 2011 Designer Renderworks including a VSS is $1875 (total). The new product is $3945. By my math you'll have a current full version for $2675 (instead of $3945). That's a healthy savings!

Enjoy.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Just a note: For anyone interested in the above, both parties can (and should) contact our sales team to have the license(s) officially transferred to its new owner. This should be done mainly so that if the new owner chooses to upgrade later, the discounted upgrade can be processed without a hitch:

US contact info:

Phone: 1-888-646-4223

Fax: 410-290-7266

E-mail: sales@vectorworks.net

Other regions/distributors:

http://www.vectorworks.net/international/

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum.

As you can see we listed 5 (now 3) VW 2011 Licenses for sale.

One was sold outside of this forum.

We havent rec'vd any interest in our offer after 2 weeks.

Is this because:

1. No one needs our product?

2. the price is too high?

3. there are too few users on this forum?

4. A combination of all of the above.

Any suggestions about where/how we should/could move these?

Any help would certainly be appreciated?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum.

As you can see we listed 5 (now 3) VW 2011 Licenses for sale.

One was sold outside of this forum.

We havent rec'vd any interest in our offer after 2 weeks.

Is this because:

1. No one needs our product?

2. the price is too high?

3. there are too few users on this forum?

4. A combination of all of the above.

Any suggestions about where/how we should/could move these?

Any help would certainly be appreciated?

Thanks!

I'm just taking a guess at this, based on my exposure to many firms using the software and years of using it myself...

1. Possibly... Most people or firms I know of/have worked with have VW Architect and barely even scratch the surface of using that as it is. Having Designer would simply be overkill for them. Obviously mine is just a small sampling of a much larger user base though.

2. The price seems quite fair to me... quite good actually. But this is assuming that Designer would get utilized.

3. I doubt this. However, most users here already seem to have the VW that works for them so perhaps it's more a case of there being too few users here who aren't already equipped.

Have you considered trying to sell the licenses through your local/provincial Architectural Institute chapter/body? Or perhaps your local VW dealer can connect you with a party looking to purchase that version of the software? Just some possible avenues to consider.

For what it's worth, I just looked at a side-by-side comparison of what's currently in Designer vs Architect and I must say there isn't a considerable difference between the two. Given that, #2 might be the issue... For someone to pay for your Designer licenses plus upgrade them, they really had better get good use out of Designer. Otherwise, simply getting Architect or Landmark would likely be enough for their purposes and would carry a lower VSS price going forward.

-Neil

Hang in there.

I forgot to add this! I agree, hang in there. Given the size of the purchase, it might just be taking an interested party a while to arrange for it or to see if they can afford it.

Neil - Thanks for posting your Quimper House link. Nice slideshow of the construction!

You're welcome... An updated website with more build photos coming soon. I just became so busy the day after we moved in that I haven't had a chance to polish the website changes.

-Neil

• 3 months later...

People,

I really am a greenhorn. So sorry.

But...

I've checked and rechecked my private email address and it's correct yet I am NOT getting notification when you have sent me an email. Also, I've added this topic to my watched topics (selected from topic options drop down) and it doesnt end up in my watched topics list (nor do I get notice when you post to this topic).

So... I think... my only option is to visit this topic on a weekly basis. For those who sent me a private email with no response... I have responded (via this forum) today. Appreciate your patience.

We still have 2 of these licenses available.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...