Disappointed, DLVP Bug Not corrected

Good Day,

Maybe this isn't a bug, but a preference I am missing, if so can someone enlighten me:)

I have submitted a bug report multiple times, was hoping for a fix in the first update, (SP1) but the problem still persists.

Description

Design Layer Viewports (DLVP) slows rendering to a halt, for us VW's 2014 is unusable due to the fact we use many DLVP in our files.

How to duplicate

Create an object on a layer.

Create a new layer, place a Design Layer View Port (DLVP) on that layer reference object created.

Duplicate DLVP multiple times eventually after a dozen layers the rendering takes a very long time, after a few dozen it will not render.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am not seeing a rendering speed issue in this file, even with over 128 duplicates on an older iMac than yours. My test results here (it may be a few minutes before you can view it, its currently processing and may appear as "Private" until its finished):

The final copy operation did take awhile, ~60 seconds to duplicate the 64 I had previously to 128, but the rendering speed did not seem to be affected any more than it would have if the objects were not in DLVP form.

Are you seeing this issue across multiple machines?

If you backup and reset your preferences to default, as described here:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1099/Resetting+Vectorworks+Preferences

-does the same slowness occur?

Edited by JimW