worksheet: handling of a user-defined field

hi guys,

i have troubles with data retrieval from a spaces' report.

in order to calculate the cost of the space areas i've utilized one of the user defined fields in the space object ('additional data' tab).

the original field is called 'additional info 01', i've renamed it to 'cost per sq m' and hard coded a monetary value as its data.

then i've created a spaces' report where i included this additional field. so far so good, the hand-inserted values appear in the worksheet (attachment).

now i want to calculate the multiplication of the space area and the sq m cost in the additional column i've added to the listing (column 'e').

the simple multiplication doesn't work, the monetary values (it's not dollars ;)) seem to have a different cell value, although i set it to number (here: decimal) and they sum to the spaces' count (41).

another thing is the overall sum i wanted to have down the column 'e'.

how can i retrieve these values to handle them properly?

can anybody help?

thanks,

rob

Native Vectorworks parametric objects like spaces or windows or doors, etc. have "hidden" record formats.

My understanding is that they behave like the record formats you create yourself, but they are just hidden..

There's no reason you couldn't attach your own record format to the space objects with a number formatted field to hold the cost per square meter data and use it the same way you are using the user field, but with a more agreeable format.

mk