2014 SP1

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
I'm surprised no one is confirming the crashing when switching layers. For us this has become quite prominent on all machines in the office as of SP1.

I have two other users that are actively experiencing this, but I can not get it to occur here in house at all.

Still trying though, the only thing that seems similar is that the files came from older versions, however with both of the users i've been working with even a full layer import into a fresh 2014 document experience the same problem that I am unable to replicate.

As a general rule we do not Batch convert a file if has gone too far into DD; keep it native, keep it clean is our motto, so I only have two older VW files that have been batch converted, so far, so good. Some of the comments give me some pause, I don't remember this being said as much for 2012 & 2013.

What I've noticed is if I open a VW2014 file and I have another application active I will get "Ghost Images" from say a web page I have open. It only shows up for a few moments on my VW drawing but long enough to be concerned. This ghost looks like the webpage was put through a shredder then haphazardly re assembled.

I have two other users that are actively experiencing this, but I can not get it to occur here in house at all.

Still trying though, the only thing that seems similar is that the files came from older versions

Same here. Older files.

As a general rule we do not Batch convert a file if has gone too far into DD; keep it native, keep it clean is our motto

A good practice perhaps but it's not the way we want to work in the long run. We want to progress to the latest version of VW when it comes out and move everything forward with it. And we want Nemetschek to expect us to work this way.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

As a general rule we do not Batch convert a file if has gone too far into DD; keep it native, keep it clean is our motto

A good practice perhaps but it's not the way we want to work in the long run. We want to progress to the latest version of VW when it comes out and move everything forward with it. And we want Nemetschek to expect us to work this way.

^This.

Any example files where this or other anomalous behavior occurs after updating to 2014 or SP1, please send to Tech@vectorworks.net with a brief explanation and a link to this thread. I am still trying to nail the issues down and this would be a great help.

Edited by JimW