Poor Door Plugin Design

bc

It's funny how time passes and you stuff the various annoyances that periodically pop up and make one ask, "Who decided this is how it will be and why?

Often there lies beneath the surface an unknown setting or Vectorworksaround so if anyone can point me to it, I would be grateful.

My problem is simple. See the attached plan view of a door with sidelight. Notice how the door is offset and located inside the jamb. I am fairly confident in saying that hanging a door this way is NEVER done. So why is it created or shown this way? What is the name of the person who decided this and what is their NNA email address? I'd like to set them straight.

In the meantime, I can't seem to figure out how to move the door to the edge of the jamb. Any help? Thanks

Bradley

Thanks Wes,

I guess there's no need to email as you seem to have noticed my post. I was just now feeling that maybe I should have dropped the rant and simply placed the issue on the wishlist but alas, not needed.

In appreciation,

Bradley

P.S. In regard to your INBOX, be on the lookout for...

Just kidding. But come to think of it...

Guest Wes Gardner

Here's something that'll get you close...

"Use Jamb Extension" - this is based on an 8" wall (but it could be anything)

Offset in Wall - 3 1/2"

Do NOT use "Use Wall Depth"

Jamb Depth - 3"

"Use Jamb Extension"

Guest Wes Gardner

Currently, we don't draw the stop bead in either 2 or 3D. This keeps the complexity of the element as simple as possible and also helps to reduce file size.

I suppose if it were requested, we could include a profile that includes the stop....

Guest Wes Gardner

Notice that a typical door (one without sidelights) draws just fine without any additional input. It's when you include lites that it wants to automatically center itself whereupon you have to start "forcing" it to the outside...