Can I buy an old version of Vectorworks?

Owen

Vectorworks 2014 Architect costs ?1635.

I don't want to spend that much on a version I just use at home for my personal projects.

Is it possible to buy an older version of Vectorworks?

Does anyone have a secondhand copy they want to sell?

Vectorworks 2011, 2012 or 2013 would all be fine for me.

Edited by Owen
  • 1 month later...

Hi

Can anyone help? I was running Vectorworks 10 on Mac OS 10.4.11 and due to a couple of hard drive failures in quick succession I have lost the software. I still have my data, but no means of using it!

Does anyone have a old version of Vectorworks I can buy(compatible with a Power PC running 10.4.11)? No frills required.

Thanks in advance for your help.

David

• 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I have used this program since MiniCad Version 1.0.  Used it because it worked on Macintosh Computers.  I was sick of "/" and"*" commands.  I am a 74 year old Licensed Professional Engineer and Licensed Professional Land Surveyor.  Have used this program to design all kinds of engineering designs, including 100 lot subdivisions (by myself) and tens of thousands of Survey Plats. I bought Vectorworks 2008 and have used it since new.  But it requires OS X 10.7 or less.  So I have not updated my OS X operating systems just to keep using my Vectorworks because I could not afford the new program.  The 2008 has Renderworks, Landmark, Architect and Fundamentals. Now I have had to update my OS X to ElCapitan because my internet browsers will not be supported by OS X 10.7.5.  Does anyone have a different Vectorworks program that works with ElCapitan?  Otherwise, I am out of business. I just cannot afford the new programs.  I have stood by this product for nearly 37 years.  Please help.

On 4/26/2020 at 4:46 PM, RexBradfield said:

I have used this program since MiniCad Version 1.0.  Used it because it worked on Macintosh Computers.  I was sick of "/" and"*" commands.  I am a 74 year old Licensed Professional Engineer and Licensed Professional Land Surveyor.  Have used this program to design all kinds of engineering designs, including 100 lot subdivisions (by myself) and tens of thousands of Survey Plats. I bought Vectorworks 2008 and have used it since new.  But it requires OS X 10.7 or less.  So I have not updated my OS X operating systems just to keep using my Vectorworks because I could not afford the new program.  The 2008 has Renderworks, Landmark, Architect and Fundamentals. Now I have had to update my OS X to ElCapitan because my internet browsers will not be supported by OS X 10.7.5.  Does anyone have a different Vectorworks program that works with ElCapitan?  Otherwise, I am out of business. I just cannot afford the new programs.  I have stood by this product for nearly 37 years.  Please help.

VW 2016 is the earliest that will run on El Capitan, I understand your frustration  but it's just progress. I have an old 2006 iMac that I keep a copy of VW 2009 on for very occasional use,  old Macs are cheap so that might be a option for you to have a second Mac that you just use for Vectorworks. Alernatively you might be able to pick up a version of VW2016.

On 4/26/2020 at 5:46 PM, RexBradfield said:

Rex, keep your old machine and buy an used iPad for the internet stuff!

I know of an engineer here that still uses Windows 3 or 4! Happy ever since. Doesn't want to change his perfectly functioning engineering software (whatever that is).

And my absolutely most beloved and respected structural engineer (80+) writes all by hand and uses paper snippets and glue to change his documents during the project.

• Like 1

@_c_ I have separate USB hard drive boot disks for 10.7.5 and ElCapitan and store my documents/files on a separate USB disk so either boot disk can access it which seem to work pretty good, the problem is designs require a lot of factual research (equations, tables, details, ordinances, design standards, etc.) that you copy and paste into the design or use to get design parameters.  Losing that internet browser research capability is a good way to forget to change something.  And yes, I to know how to do everything by hand, including the drafting as your friend does.  The separate layers on the Vectorworks program was done manually by using the Pin Bar Mylar drafting system.  Ask your structural engineer friend if he is familiar with that.  And thank you for your answer, but if anyone you known has a 2009 or 10 Vectorworks, I am interested.  Again, thank you.

@Cadplan Architecture I have separate USB hard drive boot disks for 10.7.5 and ElCapitan and store my documents/files on a separate USB disk so either boot disk can access it which seem to work pretty good, the problem is designs require a lot of factual research (equations, tables, details, ordinances, design standards, etc.) that you copy and paste into the design or use to get design parameters.  Losing that internet browser research capability is a good way to forget to change something.  And yes, I to know how to do everything by hand, including the drafting as your friend does.  The separate layers on the Vectorworks program was done manually by using the Pin Bar Mylar drafting system.    And thank you for your answer, but if anyone you known has a 2016 or later Vectorworks, I am interested.  Again, thank you.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...