Using the lamp field from the Light Info Record

SamIWas

So, the Light Info Record has a field for "lamp". Yet, this doesn't seem to transfer to Spotlight's "Lighting Device", as there is no field for it. Seems like a fairly important field (I use it all the time in my custom setup). Any way to get the lamp field to import into a Lighting Device?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The preferences are both document and application level.

The settings are saved to the document so that when the file is opened it will look like you last saw it.

The last used set of saved settings in the dialog becomes the default for new documents, so new document will have the added or modified parameters as a default.

This is great. The lamp thing worked great, and I was able to populate the lighting device with a bunch of extra fields that help simplify things for me. One thing I found interesting, and this is probably the result of years of upgrades and such, is that the "Gobo 1" field has to be labeled as "Template" in any scripts. Took me forever to figure out why one of my scripts wasn't working for gobos.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
One thing I found interesting, and this is probably the result of years of upgrades and such, is that the "Gobo 1" field has to be labeled as "Template" in any scripts.

This name change was made a long time ago.

Scripts always address the "Universal" name of the field rather than the "Alternate" (Localized or displayed name) of the parameter. This allows the script to work no mater which language Vectorworks has been translated into. You will see the same with many of the other fields.