RickR

Floor mounted lights

Spotlight fixtures assume they are hanging.

Here is a sample unit that sits on the floor. From here you can freely customize your own.

• Like 1

Further help from a related post

To fix other lights you can do the same sort of process.

- Edit the 3D of the symbol. Mine or one with a body you like for the new symbol.

- Delete the parts you don't want (clamps, yoke extras, etc)

- Draw, change or import replacement parts. My base is a circle extruded, very simple. I 3D rotated the yoke. I have a symbol clamp which most of the libraries don't.

- Note that the body still must point down. Very important!

- Make sure your 3D locus is correct.

- Make sure the texture on the body does not cast shadows, it will block all light! "default instrument texture" is good.

- Set the Parts record values for each piece. I usually group all the elements for each part. This seems to simplify the rotation process.

- With nothing selected but still editing the symbol, add or correct the lighting device record. These will be the default values for the fixture. Note that the candela value can not be changed anywhere but here.

- Edit the 2D parts

Test your symbol and save it in a safe place. You can also use this one to make similar ones, cyc ends and middles for example.

• Like 1

RickR,

Thanks for posting this. These are all things that I know, but it's nice when all the info is in one place as a "How To" for an action. Thanks for taking the time!

On 10/9/2013 at 2:06 PM, RickR said:

Spotlight fixtures assume they are hanging.

Here is a sample unit that sits on the floor. From here you can freely customize your own.

Hello,

just wondering if there is a file still available for laps at a floor position?

Thanks!

I think it got recovered, but I have a copy still around.

Since this thread the 'Set 3D' function has really improved. But it can't change a clamp to a floor plate.

Floor Fixture.vwx