VW 2014 - PNG transparency is black

Due to VW 2009 no longer working in Mavericks we are testing 2014 (which I might add, does not exhibit 5 years of improvement) and deciding whether to upgrade.

Importing PNG files now doesn't work correctly, transparency renders solid black. Is there a fix for this/have I missed some related option?

Tried disabling Enhanced Nav Graphics/Quartz etc, no difference.

The problem is hit & miss, here is the usual workflow:

1) open PDF of drawing

2) rasterise to PNG

3) import to VW

If the rasterization process turns white areas to transparent, those areas are then black on import. If white is rendered white, no worries.

Next time it happens I will come back and attach it.

• 6 months later...
Due to VW 2009 no longer working in Mavericks we are testing 2014 (which I might add, does not exhibit 5 years of improvement) and deciding whether to upgrade.

Importing PNG files now doesn't work correctly, transparency renders solid black. Is there a fix for this/have I missed some related option?

Tried disabling Enhanced Nav Graphics/Quartz etc, no difference.

Also have this problem, but not with every single image file i try to import.

The only image file i want to import comes through green. I cannot find any way of getting around this. Help anybody?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

We were able to determine that for images exhibiting this issue at the moment, you can replace the transparent alpha layer with a solid pure white in an image editing app like Photoshop, then when you have imported the image into Vectorworks setting its fill to none will provide the expected transparency.