VW 10 Crash

VW 10 develops runtime error when opening a file directly from within the open files dialogue box. I can open the same through explorer however if I try to open an additional file either through the open files dialogue or through explore...Runtime Error. This has occurred both on my laptop and desktop. The previous fix was running the repair utility for VW 10 which did fix the problem. This time I have tried repair...didn't work, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling...didn't work. Others in the office can open all files without trouble so I am beginning to develop a complex...Any ideas?

VW 10

PC 1.3GHz 640MB Ram

Generally if you are getting a RunTime error, something pretty serious is going on.

I usually tell people to reinstall when they notice RunTime errors that are not duplicatable on our end either by following steps or within given files where the machine setup is similar on this end.

There is an instance where WinXp will cause a crash when you open a file while a different file is already open. This is probably related to a video driver incompatibility. Installing generic video drivers should work just fine.

Well, I appear to have spoken too soon. Since 3:00 this afternoon I am back to the situation that I was 10 days ago. I have tried repairing the installation, uninstalled and reinstalled...rebooted umpteen times, installed new video drivers and done a clean install after removing all traces of V10 from the registry and VOILA I can't open files from within Vectorworks. I can open 1 single file through explorer. Opening a second file causes a Runtime Error. Hey isn't there a user named runtime error...maybe he can help...oh wait he works in my office...Hey Mike... My time is valuable and I find this extremely frustrating. Will be calling support about this. Any otherideas?

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Cam Halkier:

Well, I appear to have spoken too soon. Since 3:00 this afternoon I am back to the situation that I was 10 days ago. I have tried repairing the installation, uninstalled and reinstalled...rebooted umpteen times, installed new video drivers and done a clean install after removing all traces of V10 from the registry and VOILA I can't open files from within Vectorworks. I can open 1 single file through explorer. Opening a second file causes a Runtime Error. Hey isn't there a user named runtime error...maybe he can help...oh wait he works in my office...Hey Mike... My time is valuable and I find this extremely frustrating. Will be calling support about this. Any otherideas?

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, DID YOU SOLVE YOURS?

It's a problem we are aware of. Engineers are addressing the issue.

A temp fix is to clear out the Nemetschek entries in the registry, however this is temporary. The problem will crop up again.

Katie

Thanks for your help on the phone today. I ended up updating the chipset software for the Intel 850 and upgrading the BIOS for the Dell Dimension 8100's. This has given us some momentary stability in regards to the NVidia G-Force video display drivers. Keep your fingers crossed....

On our website under the About VW 10 section, you will find an explaination of what is in VW 10 broken down by product. Please review that page. If you have any questions just ask here and someone will be able to help you.