Double clicking symbol replacement selection crashes VW

RGyori

I have experienced this in VW2013 and now in VW 2014. In a new file create two objects and make them symbols. Now select one symbol and replace it with the other, but double click the replacement symbol on the pop-up menu instead of single clicking. VW crashes every time.

Yeah I know that I should only be single clicking the replacement symbol but an inadvertent double click in any operation shouldn't crash VW.

-----------------

On another note: I just got back from vacation (Istanbul rocks!), updated to VW2014, and wish to add my voice to the chorus praising the new level of board participation by VW staff.

I am not able to replicate this here in a new blank test file.

Could you please post a sample file where it has occurred for you? (Saving before attempting the crash)

Clarifications:

My procedure was to double click on the replacement symbol in the symbols pane followed by clicking "OK". The crash then occurs immediately after.

Could it be... my mouse? I use a Kensington Expert Mouse and have one key programmed for a double click. I experimented on a copy of the attached file and the crash only occurred when using the programmed double click. No crash when doing an old fashioned manual double click. Strange.

Bob