Thank you Jim Wilson!

Aloha, Jim: You and couple others are very actively addressing many of the concerns that was brought by VW users. This is very much appreciated! Having at least one of you sharing your insights and possible solutions help a lot to us users. Your very frank explanations about memory issues and 64 bits are couple good examples.

Keep up the good work! I hope you will continue this wonderful contribution. Aloha

I'll second this!

Getting this type of feedback almost makes it fun and the general feeling I have is: 'let's get this baby rockin' and rollin', together!

As opposed to: 'oh well, I'll put my issues in the black hole called Bug submit and hope someone finds it one day.......' ;)

(I guess I should stop laying it on now Jim, people will start to get the impression I have a crush on you.....(happily married with 3 kids....btw) :cool: )

Edited by Vincent C
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am very glad my posts are getting this type of response. It simply seemed like a go-between was needed in more of a technical manner than a marketing and public relations one. I am extremely grateful for all of the positive feedback. It has really started to resonate here and I am receiving amazing levels of support both inside the company and with our users.

(I mean I haven't gotten a raise or a personal assistant to bring me coffee fresh from S?o Paulo every day YET but.. you never know :cool: )

I know it sounds marketing-speak and exceedingly cheesy but I truly believe if we keep at it and keep combining our varied fields of expertise we can pin down and correct the long standing issues that impact us so heavily. Once those are cleared away we will be able to do much more.

Things may still slip through the forum cracks and I may miss important posts or threads, but please feel free to refer me to any areas you think I can be of assistance either through private messaging or the Email Post function. There are many things that need tending to and I genuinely appreciate your patience and assistance.

Also, if you have issues you have run into repeatedly over the years that don't seem to be being addressed in recent releases/service packs, feel free to dredge all of that up and we will shine the light of day upon it.

jim,

i'll echo what i said to you in a recent email exchange: your presence here on the forum, along with dave, wes, robert and others has dramatically changed the tone of discussion throughout the forum. what was only a few weeks ago gloom, doom and hopelessness, now is optimism, cooperation and appreciation.

i hope folks higher in the company leadership up are taking notice that openness and transparency are good for everyone.

thanks again.

ray

Aloha, Ray: Thank you for mentioning all other names which I neglected in my post. I was truly sadden by the way the forum was heading due to frustrations and users feeling neglected. I love VW since I saw it in the form of Minicad 7.

The responses from NVW staff--even if it is not the solution to the problem posted, made day and night difference with the general tone of the posts!

Aloha

Seems a new paradigm has begun

One of sharing transparency and cooperation with a common goal

Quite awesome and really encouraging

Thank you all ? especially I think Christiaan who has worked tirelessly with Needle and Mortar and helped lead with the help of others too many to mention

On the other hand, I wouldn't go quite so far as to echo Ray's observations.

No, but on the other hand I prefer communicating with the likes of Jim and colleagues because they know what we are about, higher up the line they are just interested in economics.........with the recent feed back we have gotten through this forum it is finally clear that there are (a lot of) people who actually care about the program and that's enough for me......all programs have faults...acknowledging this openly is the first step to a solution....