Navigation Panel is blank after installing ArcGIS 10.2

Opening VW this morning I was shocked to find blank navigation panel, blank resource browser and zero ability to draw. Two days ago all was fine

Yesterday I installed ArcGIS 10.2 which is the only recent change on my system. It seems there may be conflict with ArcGIS as it uses QuickTime. Has anyone else had this problem?

My QuickTime version is 7.69.80.9. It would seem ArcGIS has problems with Quicktime versions later than 7.6.2 ESRI

I have not installed VW SP5 as it didn't solve anything and I like to keep the 'ecology' as simple as possible.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You can try to uninstall QuickTime and install the version supplied by ArcGIS, however if that fails, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling as per these instructions:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/506/Uninstalling+and+Reinstalling+Quicktime+%28Windows%29

Then you would need to check with ArcGIS to see about a resolution.

Thanks Jim, I might try that.

But I spoke with ESRI and they said ArcGIS does not actively use Quicktime until one exports videos from the program (ie no program calls until specific user action), so something else must be going on - boy will I be glad when VW rids itself of dependance on Quicktime (it's never been quick for me), it's probably VW's primary weakness.