Obect selection issues

DE-Tech

Is anybody experiencing this or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

I have loaded up V2014. This seems to be running fairly smoothly apart from one basic issue, object selection.

Selecting multiple single elements is OK but when I select a group or symbol object I get a solid box?

As far as I know the preferences are exactly the same to those on V2013 which was working fine.

Any suggestions?

I think I've solved the problem.

V2014 graphic's processor wasn't defaulting to the the "high performance" card but to "integrated".

Now that I have changed the default I no longer get the big orange blob.

Just checked back on V2013 and this was set to default to the high performance graphics card.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

A number of users have encountered odd issues when using a machine with two separate graphics devices, ill add an article to include steps on how to rectify this.

Thank you for confirming!

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1160/Multiple+Display+Adapters+-+Nvidia+Control+Panel+%28Windows+Only%29

Edited by JimW
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Correct, we have yet to come across a reliable way to correct this on ATI cards, only Nvidia cards that utilize the Nvidia Control Panel.

If and when we do come across a standardized solution, we will make an ATI-specific article to go with this Nvidia-specific article.