Blank white or black exported images

Gregmuzza

Hello all,

I've consistently have problems exporting renders.

If I export an image (300 dpi, .png), 30% of the time I either get blank white or black image. This problem has come to a head today as I get a white render on every export I do.

It is not render style specific and the resultant image file is only 163 KB. I've exported 22 Images today and every one has just been a white image. I've reloaded vectorworks, switched off my computer and restarted it, I've even started drawing in a new document. Same problem.

Can anyone help? Anybody having this problem and have a solution to overcome it?

Thanks in advance

Greg

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

I export from viewports on sheet layers and saved views, this is where the problem is happening. I currently don't export directly from from the design layer, so I will have to give it a test.

The frustrating thing is, after 30 exports, vectorworks is now exporting correctly, without any tweeks or alterations from me. So I'm back to 1/3 being a white or black render. I will do further tests are you suggest using wireframe etc and I will post the results on here.

Greg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What operating system are you currently using?

On Windows at least, symptoms like that can sometimes be as simple as QuickTime needing to be reset (which can be done by rebooting normally) or restarting a browser in the background that has video playing in it.

However you said you had already rebooted it to no avail, so if it does start to happen again let us know and we can go further.

• 1 month later...

Hi JimW

I'm still getting these issues. However, I'm restarting my computer whenever this happens and sometimes it solves the problem. But I'm not convinced it's the act of restarting the computer that's fixing it.

I can go for hours exporting artistic renders with no problems, then all of a sudden, I will have hours of white and black screens. I cant seam to find a pattern.

But I'm starting to come to terms with it, a bit like getting used to having permanent cold, I just need to buy more tissues.

G