SYMBOLS KEEP DISAPPEARING

simbob

Symbols in certain drawings keep disappearing, i think it must be something to do with planar objects and 3d elements in the file but i don't know what is causing certain symbols to keep being removed from the drawings.

They even disappear from the resource palette and i'm just left with a locus point showing where it once was.

The drawings are 2d but i think once were 3d and converted, but many of the symbols affected are ones i have created from scratch. I'm wondering if it has something to do with 'layer plane' and 'screen plane', but i'm not sure of the difference.

Make all your classes visible. Chances are when you made the symbol you drew it in a class that you now have turned off. If this is the problem, you'll have to edit the symbol and change class from there to the appropriate class.

Thanks for your reply, but i'm a little more advanced than that! this is something either much more technical or a bug either in the program or file, the symbols are literally disappearing i.e. no where to be seen in the file/resource palette.

Had hoped someone may have had the same experience