Sign in to follow this  
jeremyb

VW10 crashing

VW10 has started to crash when I try to duplicate a plant. Taking advice from elsewhere on this forum, I reset all plugins and all my plant labels now read -ID. Help!

Edited by jeremyb

To clarify, do you mean Vectorworks 10 or Vectorworks 2010?

What operating system are you encountering this problem on? Does the problem happen in all your Vectorworks files, or just this one?

Further to last post,I opened an existing file and tried to edit one of the plants causing problems before and VW crashed immediately. Seems like some of my saved plant symbols may have got corrupted possibly?

In a copy of one of the files that you're having trouble with (dont save over the original) give this a try:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/993/Fix+Plants+Script+-+%28Issue+resolved+in+Vectorworks+2012+SP3%29

It was designed for a different issue, but the way it functions can sometimes recover plants with these symptoms.

However if that doesn't work, make sure to contact:

The Technology Park, Colindeep Lane, London, NW9 6BX

Tel: 0208 358 6668 | Email: designteam@unlimited.com

For a more thorough look.

Can you import the symbol into a blank document and post it to see if it is editable by others?

mk

I have now tried running the script file as suggested by JimW. I recognised one problem plant but otherwise made no difference.

Here is a small test file with one of the problem plants.

No problem with this symbol on my machine. Able to duplicate and edit the symbol. VW 2010 very snappy while working with it.

Michael

That's odd, I just tried it and VW crashed when I tried to edit the symbol???

Must be more strange and corrupted things going wrong.

I hope it can be sorted soon as I need to get a planting plan completed.