trouble with VW website video

So what's the opinion of you folks who have the vss sneak preview ... is it an impressive release? Or at least worthwhile? Anything stand out?

Thanks.

Same pace and focus as the last few releases, eg you can now clip holes in roof objects (as opposed to possibly having had components)

Nothing about 3d hatches

Nothing about window schedules

More window types

Some minor improvements to tools

Minor improvements to Worksheets

Improvements to rotated views

Improvements and VPs from clip cube

Displacement mapping

Improvements to spaces

Etc etc

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The issues are being fixed for the affected browsers and should be complete soon. We did a lot of testing before today, but something seems to have slipped in to cause trouble at the last minute.

However if you don't wish to wait, Firefox and Chrome now seem to be functioning without issue:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/715/Alternate+Browsers

So what's the opinion of you folks who have the vss sneak preview ... is it an impressive release? Or at least worthwhile? Anything stand out?

Thanks.

Same pace and focus as the last few releases, eg you can now clip holes in roof objects (as opposed to possibly having had components)

Nothing about 3d hatches

Nothing about window schedules

More window types

Some minor improvements to tools

Minor improvements to Worksheets

Improvements to rotated views

Improvements and VPs from clip cube

Displacement mapping

Improvements to spaces

Etc etc

Thanks for the info.

Glad to see Displacement Mapping was on there

Edited by Monadnoc

I agree.

I really enjoy using Vectorworks. I knocked some stuff out today that was slightly different to what I normally do and was delighted with the results.

But there are so many quirks and oddities that to me feel like they could be easily addressed.

For example the duplicate array tool could be easily revamped to make it much easier to use. Live preview etc.

Making a fuss about how the mirror tool now shows a live preview is the best example I can think of as I sup my coffee.

I also feel the UI is long long overdue an overhaul too.

Andrew

But there are so many quirks and oddities that to me feel like they could be easily addressed.

So true. The very basic being something like being able to renumber a drawing in a regular sheet layer viewport like you can for a section or detail sheet layer viewport.

For example the duplicate array tool could be easily revamped to make it much easier to use.

I would love that. So much more like a cloner in C4D.

Making a fuss about how the mirror tool now shows a live preview is the best example I can think of as I sup my coffee.

This is funny actually. I think its a great feature but it really should have been there for years. After seeing it I went back to test the rotate tool which was updated in VW2013. Ironically it shows a full 3D preview in a 3D view but only shows a bounding box in top plan...... I guess we're getting one step further with the mirror tool this year.

KM