Vectorworks 2012 has stopped

Hi,

Just installed Microsoft's Office 365 we based software and Vectorworks 2012 has stopped working with:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: VECTOR~1.EXE

Application Version: 17.0.5.0

Application Timestamp: 50379bde

Fault Module Name: StackHash_4c0d

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 4c0d

Additional Information 2: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

Additional Information 3: 4c0d

Additional Information 4: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

Anyone else had problems with Office 365?

Just to keep you updated on the Office 365 vs Vectorworks 2012 problem, I waited a day and a bit for Microsoft to ring me before trying this:

From the start menu I right clicked on Vectorworks and chose ?Troubleshoot Compatibility?. After going thought the steps VW 2012 works again with a few weird happenings. First, most of my pallets have a black boarder. Secondly my snapping pallet (which is the only one that doesn't have a black boarder) doesn't stay in the 2 x wide, 4 x deep format after I close and re-open VW.

I can put up with the weirdness since VW still works.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• 4 years later...
On 9/17/2013 at 8:00 PM, WhoCanDo said:

I just found that compatibility mode was reset to Win'XP SP1 so I fiddled a bit and found Win'Vista SP2 is a better option.

Compatibility is found when you right click on the start bar icon of VW (or any shortcut) and choose properties and then the compatibility tab.

Dear far friend..

I do the same, i used windows compatability  " Windows Vista SP2".. and it WORKS great.

FIXED..!!!

i was trying to find and answer, i even reinstall my windows 7, .. i erase my hard disk with active killdisk, and install windows... but using "Windows Vista SP2" fixed .. resolved, thanks a lot..

I would like to know why it happens.. i had a Portatil computer, a laptop, with Windows 7 original from factory, is an HP Elite Book 8560w and no problem with this..

I had prolem with the one that i reinstalled windows? that are different version of windows 7??? even profesional windows? 

Does anyone knows why?

thanks a lot

Roly Eguez

fb /rolyeguez

rolyeguez@gmail.com