editable reports

eamon

Hi all

I am starting to use report in vectorworks 2012 for the first time and I am floundering to say the least.

I am trying to create a editable worksheet as one used to do in Vectorworks 2008.

I know the report system has being upgraded but I cannot seem to find out how to do/create an editable report that I can manipulate data and then refresh the lighting symbols to retain the new data.

I have searched and cannot find how to manage this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks

eamon

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Run the create report command and report of the "Lighting Device". There are also some pre-formatted reports in ...\Libraries\Defaults\Reports~Schedules\Spotlight Schedules.vwx

If you are looking for the old "Create Editable Worksheet" command that was removed when 2-way edit-ability was added to the standard database worksheet.

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the tip.

I have tried and accessed the report as you describe.

I have managed to delete the dimmer information, which is what I want to do but the plan does not appear to accept the updated cleared dimmer information.

I have re-calculated the worksheet and refreshed the lighting information. The dimmer information still remains.

I am probably being a bit thick but I would be grateful if you could tell me where I am going wrong.

thanks

eamon

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Changes in the worksheet update the document automatically. You have to recalculate the worksheet to see changes made to the document.

Just to make sure you are operating on the correct light, right click on the row in the worksheet and choose "Select on document"

The lighting device you are editing should now be selected.

If you don't see the "Select on document" option you are not working with a database worksheet.

Hi Kevin

I have managed some progress.

The worksheet/report is functioning somewhat but when I try a range command, it looks at me very strangely. I can not seem to get it to delete/clear a range of dimmers i.e select the column and right click, then delete.

I can delete an individual number but not a range. Must be real lemming thinking going on with me.

Is it me or is this possible?

thanks again

eamon