transfering VW to a new computer

Elena

Question

Hello,

I recently replaced my old MacBook with a MacBook Pro and all my files and software were automatically transferred over to the MacBook Pro. All of my programs and applications appear to be working properly except for Vectorworks. When I launched VW Landmark, most of the icons in the toolbars appear as red X's and some aren't working. Also, rendering isn't working for any isometric views. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? Does anyone have any idea what I should do? I emailed VW yesterday but haven't heard back from anyone.

Thanks in advance!

Elena

Vectoworks Landmark 2012

MacBook Pro OS X 10.8.4

2.9 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

3 answers to this question

this happened to me as well, transferred from mac pro to iMac, and got lots of red crosses where tools should be. they way i got around it was to copy and paste the plugins from a backup file i keep. it did happen few few more times for a couple of days, but it has been fine ever since.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yep, almost everyone that I have seen that used Migration Assistant to transfer the Vectorworks application runs into these problems.

Either the procedure described in the above post by monkey, or a full uninstall and reinstall is normally required to correct it:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1105/Uninstalling+Vectorworks