Upgrade to VW2013 - Apparent loss of two functionalities....

Ken White

I recently upgraded to VectorWorks 2013, and seem to have lost two functionaltities that I am quite found of. I am hoping that this is simply user error.

The first functionality relates to duplicating a light. Specifically, with the offset duplicates option checked, it used to be that I could create a light, option-drag a copy, and then duplicate to make more copies with the same offset as my option drag. While this work flow still works with non-instruments, instruments are duplicated simply up and to the right (like there was no preceding option-drag.)

The second functionality relates to the position summary label for lighting positions. It used to be, that I could select the position, and then change the font characteristics via the font menu. This no longer seems to have any impact. Surely I can change the font for a position summary, but I am unclear how this is now done.

The other question that I have also did not work in VW2012, and I have found a workaround, but I would love a fix.

With auto-numbering on, a refresh of the instruments does not update the auto-numbering. To get my units to auto-number, I need to turn off auto-numbering, and then turn it back on. I would love to know if others have experienced this, and if anyone has found a fix, or more elegant workaround.

Thanks,

Ken White

I can only speak on 2 of these, because I never liked the position summary so I always turn it off.

I have never tried the offset duplicate, I always leave that option unselected, so I just duplicate and then move.

Autonumbering has never really worked good for me either, so I just use the numbering tool.

After writing this I realize that I am not much help here, but maybe this is some insight for you? I am curious though about the offset duplicate tool now. I can see many uses where that would be helpful, but I would want to be able to turn it off quickly so I can dup and move. Is there any way for that?

Edited by ChadL
  • 2 weeks later...