Double spacing when exporting worksheet

As the subject suggests, when I?ve created a worksheet & export it and save as an excel file I'm getting double spaces at the end of the cell after the final input character. Any idea?s why I?m getting this as it causes issues when comparing the required data to the source data?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What are you exporting the worksheet as? Tab Delimited Text, or another option?

Do you see the spaces in the exported txt file, or only after you've already brought it into Excel?

(In any case, please make sure to contact tech@vectorworks.net with the VWX file as well as the exported result attached and an explanation of whats happening in Excel)

I've now found out the reason why the spaces are there but not found the cause of the reason if you get me?

Within the worksheet are there are no spaces present at the end of each data input cell, but if i go to the 'object info' pallet there is a return at the end of each inputted cell (see example below, [ ] indicating cell limits.

Desired: '[Example]'

Actual: '[Example

]'

I have no idea how the return is getting into the value, could it be from entering data in the worksheet then using the return button to finish editing the cell and moving to the one below instead of using the tick at the top of the worksheet box?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I have not seen that before, it is also possible to tab to the next fields in the OIP by pressing, well... tab. However I use Tab and Return interchangeably when I fill out those fields and haven't come across this in worksheet export before.

Please go ahead and send in the files and we can confirm whats going on.