2-fer objects not updating with Lightwright data exchange

P. West

After changing channel numbers in LW5 and refreshing instruments in Vectorworks, the new channel numbers appear correctly in single instruments' label legends and Object Info, but for instruments 2-fer'd with the ganging tool the 2-fer object's labels(in this case: channel) do not update to the new numbers. Nor does the field value in the 2-fer object's Object Info. I've tried refreshing instruments,and selecting the individual 2-fer objects and refreshing them. None of this seems to work. If I deselect "Show Label" in each 2-fer object's Object Info, then reselect it, the label and field reads correctly.

So: in the updated instruments' Object Info, the channel information updates correctly but the 2-fer objects' label legends don't.

Am I doing something wrong here or is there a setting I've missed?

I'm running VW2012 SP4 and Lightwright 5.033 on an Intel Core I5 machine under Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have run across this - in v2013. The channels on two-fers were not updating from changes in LW. Single units did update correctly. It had not always failed this way - but it did fail reliably on at least one draw.

My workaround became: select the two-fer, delete the two-fer (it and the channel + container go away), and then redo the twofer with the gang tool. Then it picks up the 'new' channel.

2014 has been behaving so far, with only one show under my belt on it.

updated sig:

VW 2014

MacBook Pro 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7

16GB ram - OSX 10.8.5

I guess it doesn't auto-update a changed sig in older posts - or not right away...

Edited by reidj
  • 11 months later...

I just had the same problem occur. I had the lights twofered by channel in VW but with no channels yet assigned. I then assigned channels in LightWright. The data for each light refreshed in VW but none of the twofers refreshed; their data labels were just blank. I found that any modification of a twofer caused it to refresh and its data to appear. If I moved a twofer label that would cause it to refresh, or if I just selected it and cycled the label on and off that would cause it to refresh. Anyone know if there is a quick way to select all twofer objects? I didn't see anything in the "Find & Modify" tool. I am still running VW 2013, tried to install VW 2014 but my machine can't handle the new graphics requirements.