Clear signage with lettering on it.

MaskMan

I am trying to create a company logo that has white letters with black shadows and one letter that is orange to be placed on an extrude that is representing a 3/4" plexi sign. The Photoshop texture is a png. I have also tried jpeg. Jpeg I get a grey background when I import it creating a texture. The .png file imports and looks glitched. Is it possible to color the extrude overall clear then on the top class apply the lettering texture? If not, is it possible to create such a sign?

1. Make the 3D object - preferably in the same aspect ratio as the image texture.

2. Create a new renderworks texture. Make the size be the width of the sign.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=9473&filename=4%20renderworks%20texture%20image.png

3. Under Transparency choose Image Mask. Then choose Reuse an Image... and This Texture's Color

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=9474&filename=5%20choose%20image%20mask.png

4. In the next dialog box pick Transparent Color

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=9475&filename=6%20set%20to%20transparent.png

5. Pick the color you want to be transparent. Sometimes it helps to make the original image have a crazy background color. You can also click in the left image on the color you want to be transparent.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=9476&filename=7%20choose%20transparent%20color.png

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=9477&filename=8%20Open%20GL.png

hth

mk

Edited by michaelk