Offsetting component tops/bottoms

VincentCuclair

Question

I would like to be able to offset wall component tops/bottoms individually in selected walls through the OIP.

....as opposed to having to create a 'new' wall type of the same wall in the RB.

The reason being mainly to reduce the number of wall types that in essence are the same!

It is very complicated to keep track of what walls of the same sort have what offset for what components through the RB.

I need to be able to click on a wall and see immediately (in the OIP) what component has been offset by how much.

At the moment I can get 3-6 variations of the same wall in a project, this is a nightmare to keep track of and manage!

Even if you can keep track of it during drafting, it becomes a major problem if you have many projects that are worked on from time to time by different people = nightmare!

Edited by Vincent C

3 answers to this question

I only use the wall styles to save the composition of certain wall components in my library. Once in the drawing, I always unstyle them as there is always something to edit you can't do with wall styles.... Wall styles aren't thinked through.... If you set all attributes by class, there is no reason to use wall styles....

Edited by DWorks