Sign in to follow this  
yardstick

blurry images in worksheet

I have used the images in worksheet function to create a legend of my site symbols. They appear blurry.

Anyone have any ideas as to why?

I can not find any information on how these images are created by VW in the spreadsheet.

I think the images are thumbnails. I'm almost certain they aren't vector graphics. I believe it's for resource reasons. I agree, images don't do well when the size gets too big for the thumbnail.

Images in worksheets are a brand new in 2013 feature, so there may be hope for improvements.

Thanks for the reply michaelk

Do you have any idea how the image is generated, or if the resolution can be increased?

There used to be an option to alter the resolution, I believe as stated above it was dropped due to severe performance problems.

Most likely this will come back in the future, but for the moment you MAY be able to alter this quality by altering the DPI settings at the bottom of the File > Document Settings > Document Preferences > Resolution tab.

The default is 72, I recommend trying 150 or 300, then trying a print or export to PDF to check the quality against the default setting of 72. However if this DPI setting does not affect it, there may be no way to until they implement a direct one.