If the french have it why can't we

Marc

You can purchase the ArtLantis plugin and use it to export your VW drawings to ArtLantis.

We cannot export to C4D.

Since ArtLantis is a native French application, it would be fitting that it can export as a VW application and vice versa itwh it built into VW.

The distributors are welcome to translate the program as they feel fitting. Be this allowing an artlantis plugin available at the time of purchasing VW.

As for C4d, I cannot coment as it's not something we've done hard coded in the program as of yet. THere is a comment about C4D in one of the other messages within either this or the rendering forum as to why it's not in the program.

No,no..they write 'export from Vectorworks to Artlantis and C4d'.

I must say that our european versions are quite different from others. Dealers here add many interseting C++ home-made plugins. The dark side is that Belgian, French, Italian and German versions are different between them. Is it so difficult to take the best from each version and make a unique Vectorworks ?

Francesco

I just read at the french website for VW(www.cesyam.com) that VW10 has

export artlantis and CINEMA 4D.

Does the US version have this?

Can VW export to C4D now without going through dxf/dwg?

What are the parameters? Can VW import C4D?

Please say yes and I just might buy this upgrade and C4D R8.

Katie,

I was under the impression that the Language wasn't the determining factor in exporting a file but rather the code. Apparently VW can export to C4D as the french have advertised.

Forgive me if I'm prying too much but it sems that there is a reluctance in the US to talk about or to work with C4D.

I would be very satisfied if ya'll just said we don't want to do that or we don't want to talk about that. Or is thet what you meant by not being able to comment because it's not something you've hard coded.

Here in France at the Apple Expo the stand for VW was advertising on a VectorWorks poster the ability to export to Cinema 4D, who in turn also had a stand and were advertising the relationship as well.

In fact in the brochure for the Expo, Cesyam the French distributeur says quote, Cesyam presents a long awaited passerelle (path) between VectorWorks and Cinema 4D.

And yes I have read and made other posts regarding C4D and even e-mailed the sales team.

Marc,

Cinema 4D is distributed by the same company that owns us, Nemetschek AG in Germany. Since we are not C4D distributors or sellers, there is a bit of paperwork that needs to go on before we can include it with VW american version.

France can include an export option since they distributor C4D as well as ArtLantis.

Exports are not just characters on a screen. You have various OS and OS languages, the application itself which is localized for different languages, and Opearating Systems.. there's alot more than copy and paste the code into the application.