Layer Plane Persistence

willofmaine

Question

I wish that the "Layer Plane" mode wouldn't sometimes randomly switch to "Screen Plane" mode. It seems maybe it does this after working in viewports on sheet layers? Can't pin it down 'cause it's not consistent, and usually don't realize it's changed for a while, until trying to do something like subtract surfaces and finding that one is in the layer plane and that one is in the screen plane...

VWIS008

8 answers to this question

I though I was going crazy with this but maybe I'm not if others are finding it too. There is no doubt something is triggering it though when jumping around a drawing, catching me out on the occasional 3D rotation.

If you find a source let me know, I'll let you know if I can pinpoint it over the next few days.

J

(PS. Still crazy, no doubt)

The whole Layer/Screen Plane issue has never really been resolved, it's so far behind other CAD programs.

Even the less expensive end of the market has this sorted. It is basic structure like this that is holding VW back in the market, and indeed from the user point of view.

• Like 1
I wish that the "Layer Plane" mode wouldn't sometimes randomly switch to "Screen Plane" mode.

VWIS008

You can set the options so that Vectorworks always uses screen plane if this is what you want.

Yes, you can. The thing is, you shouldn't HAVE to.