Extrude Along Path?

If the rectangle is oriented so it looks like a rectangle in plan there is a workaround. After the EAP is created, go in and edit the path object. Switch to plan view. Group the rectangle. Change the size of the group in the OIP. Ungroup the rectangle and exit the EAP. Most certainly a work around but may help you in this specific situation.

I wish the path object didn't change to a NURBS. Thankfully the profile object had its code updated a few versions back so it no longer converts too.

Kevin

But the EAP is smart enough to convert any planar object that is used to replace the path during editing. This says to me that the path could ultimately be anything if the programming were better. Convert it internally without affecting the user's original path object. This would allow you to suit your path object to the intended application and retain edit-ability.

When it was originally added I'm sure it was considered very powerful. But user expectations have changed.

(When it gets updated there should also be options to use a symbol as the profile curved, among other things....)

Kevin

Ahhh! I WAS missing the point. Michael my symbol definition also inserts as a group, but the value of retaining the symbol definition was lost on me. Being able to simply modify the symbol, would allow me to change ALL moldings, project wide, rather than having edit each individual EAP profile.

I want it. I want it yesterday! LOL!

Imagine putting several different profiles/symbols with different classes in the same eap, while everything is a symbol.

then we are able to create in a simple way more complex objects like: floors, roofs with components and the gutter etc. roads with sidewalks.

It would become so easy to create and edit...

Edited by Buzz Lightyear