Sign in to follow this  
iSymbol-franklin

adding data to my self developed Landmark-symbol

I tried Extract Image on the Image resource in VW 2014 demo and it does nothing. I tried it in VW 2011 and it worked fine. So is this a bug in 2014? Can anyone else Extract Image from an Image in VW 2014?

Working here in a quick test file, extracts from textures and other resource types without issue.

Are you still running OS X 10.5.8? (I know its easy to forget a sig update when you do an OS update)

I just tried again and nothing on VW 2014 demo. It is the the Vw 2012 file Franklin posted above, so maybe it is a conversion issue? I'll try with a fresh file when I have time.

I just downloaded Franklin's file, found the Image in the Resource Browser, right-clicked and chose Extract Image, worked a treat on 2014 for me.

I just tried in a fresh blank file and created a new Image resource and still no luck. It seems to me to be a bug, although a selective one since you and JimW don't experience it. Or maybe a conflict with something on my machine. Unless it's some setting somewhere. But I've looked everywhere and don't see anything that looks related to it to me. I even tried changing from Icon to List view in the RB. Also tried accessing "Export Images" via rt-click and the Resource pull-down menu. Nothing is working. It never calls up a dialog box. Nothing happens after I choose Export Images. But only for Image resources.

And it works fine in VW 2011.

I am on a MacBook Pro and Lion. I'll update my sig.