Create Viewport needs key command activation

Tom G.

Question

8 answers to this question

Your advice is good for advanced users as they will be at a place where modifying the workspace commands is not too far off their beaten track. Most others won't/can't rise to that level of fine tuning. But again, for such a basic command, there should be a stock key command. Then everyone can benefit.

Tom

I do kind of agree with Tom a little here, viewports are part of the fundamental features of VW and you would have though that there would have been a button or shortcut already there out of the box, but on the other hand, when i first started using VW many many years ago, the very first thing that frustrated me was shortcuts that were different to other bits of software i was used to, so i changed them all, its dead easy and makes you work more efficiently....... if you are not using shortcuts for everyday tools, commands etc then you are not maximising you time!

I agree with Gytis and NorCalLights. And not. Yes, it's for professionals. But anyone who has been using Vwks for a time has noted the increasing load of technique that must be mastered to use the program. The load on the backs of newer users--those without guru's at their sides--is huge. Do what you can to reduce the load. Period. Customizing to fit workflow is of course important. Didn't say it wasn't. I'm looking for common sense here, not tough love.

Tom