Kevin McAllister

Undo AutoHybrid

Question

I wish there was a clean way to undo an AutoHybrid. The best way is to copy/cut and paste the objects out of an AutoHybrid and then delete it, but you always have to re-align the objects. Ungrouping generates all sorts of extra stuff I don't want.

Ideally you want to decompose the AutoHybrid, have the objects remain exactly where they are in space and automatically discard the 2d stuff (ie. restore the 3D objects to their previous form).

Why does everything need to be more complicated than it needs to be?

Kevin

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

On 8/9/2013 at 5:10 PM, Kevin McAllister said:

I wish there was a clean way to undo an AutoHybrid. The best way is to copy/cut and paste the objects out of an AutoHybrid and then delete it, but you always have to re-align the objects. Ungrouping generates all sorts of extra stuff I don't want.

Ideally you want to decompose the AutoHybrid, have the objects remain exactly where they are in space and automatically discard the 2d stuff (ie. restore the 3D objects to their previous form).

Why does everything need to be more complicated than it needs to be?

Kevin

Dealing with this just now. Ouch.

If you're in a 3D view and do Convert to Group, it should just leave with the 3D objects in their proper places. It's worked for me in the past, though that doesn't mean it's foolproof 😉

Ungroup might work as well? But the key is to not be in Top/Plan.

• Like 1

Yes, just like a hybrid. If you're in top /plan and Convert to group you get just the 2D and if you are in any other view when you Convert to Group, you are left with only the 3D. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

If you're in a 3D view and do Convert to Group, it should just leave with the 3D objects in their proper places. It's worked for me in the past, though that doesn't mean it's foolproof 😉

Yup it's a sneaky one.  Having a tool/function to split/separate the two (2D and 3D) would be great.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

Great info, thanks, I'll try later today when I'm back on that project.