Detail Viewport VW 2013

Joey Parsonson

Question

This is a great tool.... However,

This tool seems to be only a one way street. When you create a detail viewport of say a cross section at a larger scale on another sheet layer (as you have in your video) it gives you an auto referenced label to navigate from the cross section to find the detail viewport with a drawing label which is cool? but, not from the detail viewport back to the cross section (as per your video), instead it gives you a reference to the same sheet that the detail viewport is on which is not much use at all. This is important to have for builders & other contractors who use your documents to be able to navigate both ways as when they come across the detail sheet layer they think where does this detail relate to? (if you haven't put in a label manually). Is this the limit of this tool or have i interpreted this incorrectly. When i heard about this tool in the 2103 release i thought it had 2 way auto capabilities so i was a bit let down to upgrade & find out that it wasnt saving as much time as what i thought it would.

Please inhance with 2 way capabilities as above.

Thanks

:)

Edited by Beard Parsonson Architecture

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet