Nurbs dragging/moving nightmare

This one will sound like I'm under the influence of something, but I swear I'm not. I have this nurbs object. Not that it matters, but it's the cone-shaped roof of a gazebo, with the support beam, rim board, and roof decking that were created in profile at a 3 in 12 angle and swept 360 degrees. Once I sweep it and convert to nurbs, I need to move it into position. The problem comes in with the moving. I can move it a little bit this way and a little bit that. I can move it from where it was created to 0,0. But when I try to move it anywhere near to where it belongs, which is 69'10",-63'8", the cursor just spins and spins and spins. Doesn't matter if I'm dragging or using the move command. The object never moves, and I have to crash the app. It's like the Bermuda Triangle. I can't get that roof within about 30' of the location without a lockup. I simply cannot fathom an explanation for this. Any ideas?

Send the file into me at tech@nemetschek.net or you can send it straight to me if you have my email address.

I'll take a look at it, and if need be, talk to the engineers about the problem.

I'll try it in VW 10 also to see if it's any faster. Alot of the nurbs objects move and can be created faster in VW 10.

For eveyrone else that reads this -

It works fine in VW 10.

VW 9 needs it to be ungrouped, added as solids, moved, and convert back to nurbs surface.

It seems it was a limitation in VW 9.

One more good reason to prove the nurbs curves and surfaces are more accurate, flexible and faster to move in VW.