Section elevation does not work

MHBrown

Well, it sort of works and certainly I may be missing something. In VW13 when I create a section/elevation viewport I can't use the Annotation edit because I can't render inside the Annotation window. All the render selections are grayed out. I have my elevation set to Hidden Line render, but when I select Viewport Annotation it reverts to Wireframe. This presents me with a useless tangle of lines, the overlapping objects of the entire building. What Einstein at Nemetschek missed this one? I mean really, viewports have been around for over seven years now and I can't believe I'm the only person who had had this problem. On the other hand, that also points to me doing something wrong or missing a setting somewhere. In any case, "conserve viewport rendering" should be the default, anyway. Can anyone help? Don't suggest shallowing up my "look" distance. There is too much in the walls for that. I want the darn thing to stay rendered. Thanks for any help.

Mike

OS10.8.x

VW2013

Checked in both places?

Sorry Michael, I was a little stressed when answering:

1. In 'Document Preferences' under 'Display' make sure 'Save Viewport Cache' is checked.

2. When you right click the offending Viewport and choose Edit make sure Display Viewport Cache is checked.

3. A viewport won't autorender when these are checked however once updated they should retain their rendered state when you enter their annotation or other edit modes.

Edited by Vincent C