WS question

Dear All,

I imported the attached file from the community board.

I would like to use the worksheet but since I wish to use it in m,sq m,cu m.... I could not manage to find the correct values.

Wall length is wrong but when I change it to other units some time is correct.

When I change the units to feet work sheet length is getting correct....

Can OZSAVASCI

Istanbul- Turkey

www.etudmimarlik.com

There are a couple different things going on here. I suspect that this worksheet was made with an older version of VW.

1. Length. The database call used in this worksheet to get the length is =LENGTH_LEGACY/12. I don't remember when this changed, but a few years ago =LENGTH would return inches (when working in imperial units - I don't know what it did in metric units) so it was necessary to divide by 12. I suspect that VW was smart enough to recognize this when opened in version 2013 and change it to the legacy call. Change this to =LENGTH and it will give you the document units.

However it will show the length from center of the wall joins, not the length to the outside of the wall join. So the top wall which in imperial units is 45"10" to the inside of the wall join and 48'10" to the outside of the wall join will show in worksheet as 47'4", which is the dimension from the center of the wall joins.

2. Volume. The database call used in this worksheet to get the volume of the wall is =CRITERIAVOLUME/27. This is an older way of converting cubic inches to cubic yards. The format for this column in the database also has a trailer of "Cu. Yd". Change the call to =VOLUME and remove the trailer and you will get the result in document volume units.

3. Wood foundation components. These formulas have some US standards built into the math. They assume:

a. the old method of returning inches instead of document units

b. 1.5" stud widths

c. 16" stud spacing

I added two fields for standard stud width and spacing and removed the inch-to-other-unit math.

hth

mk

Thank You Michaelk,

Since we are so away from your World ıt is difficult to find help like this.

Anyway I am realy wishing to have similar WS to use for my works.

For example right now

I would like to put on my drw. room list with all object info pallet information. Such as number, area, all names etc.

Could you please send me a WS for this (can@etudmimarlik.com)

Thank you for your kind help

This may be what you are looking for. I'm assuming you want a worksheet with information from spaces objects?

This example has two worksheets. One that accesses almost every field in the space object (suitable for quickly editing space objects) and one that has just a few fields (suitable for inserting into a drawing).

You might also try this. It's a webinar about worksheets that may help get you started.

http://download2cf.nemetschek.net/www_movies/webinars/Worksheet_Tricks_with_Vectorworks_2013_Software.mov

hth

mk