Sign in to follow this  
Kizza

VW2014

Wow! still not a whisper, not even an indication when it will be released!? We usually get an email about the release event......

Well, I've studied them carefully but they seem to have used VW2013 in that demo so I can't discover anything significant, they probably released it before NV released 2014 so that they get max advertising with everyone googling constantly looking for news on VWs 2014.....smart!

Vectorworks Architect does not have rounded cabinets (in the toolbar), so that video must be using a custom add-on.

I hope I get some advanced notice on Vw 2014, having just renewed my VSS. The Service Select site does not have any material on it right now. A good sign we'll be seeing the new version very soon.

Edited by Bob-H

Well there's evidence VW2014 exists (the documentation leak and a screen shot of an IFC export by a certain staff member in these forums that showed VW2014 as the source) so it can't be that far off.

Ideally VW would have a launch approach like Cinema 4D. They pre-announce the new version and give their subscription service members a month or so to renew, promising them the new version if they renew by a set date. This has the advantage of knowing what you're getting before renewing. (Ironically my own subscription is offset by 6 months because of all the delays in setting up subscriptions in Canada, so I'm mid-cycle regardless.)

Kevin

On a recent call, I was told by my sales rep, the release will be in "early Fall".

Suggest taking that with MANY grains of salt.

and a screen shot of an IFC export by a certain staff member in these forums that showed VW2014 as the source)

Oooh, I missed that, and can't find it, please share...

My guess is a release date of 17 September and that they've just decided to keep a lid on things this year.

If I remember correctly they got a bit of flack for some of the teaser videos last release so I wouldn't be surprised if that put them off.

One thing that Apple is very good at is moving on from old technology. They're not afraid to jettison the "legacy" aspects of things to move forward. This would be a good skill for NV to learn.

I fear it will be an upgrade like the previous ones, a mishmash

I hope it will be a major SP/wishlist overhaul

I wish it will be along the lines we described on the N&M site.....

I fear...

I hope...

I wish...

I want to know now! As I need to make some decisions based on this release...

It's time they show us if they really mean it this time!

[quote=DWorks

I want to know now! As I need to make some decisions based on this release...

It's time they show us if they really mean it this time!

Looks like there are more people that depend on the new version to see if they switch to other software. Or is that not the case with you?

I spoke to somebody at NNA the other day and he told me to expect 'leaks' very soon.

The leaks did them no favors last year. The leaked features were so tame that everybody expected that they were waiting for the official release to tell us about the really cool stuff. When that did not come to pass, I was disappointed and annoyed.

Bim is blowing up. Drawings + models are getting bigger and more complex. 64 Bit is a must have.

You can feel it. There are a lot of long time VW users on the brink. If they don't bring their A-Game this year and next year, a significant portion of their base is going to abandon the product.