VW2014

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Not sure on the exact release dates for those, although once they are completed they should appear marked at the top of the 101s/HowTos sections in the Service Select portal. Normally they'll be flagged as new.

There may be a direct email to VSS subscribers, alerting them if they decide to put a large amount of new material all out at once, but again I haven't heard any specific plans.

I have created a saved view from the clip cube. Works fine.

GL Rendering speed is huge improvement as is the ability to create cross section viewports from the clip cube.

Flattened viewports also very useful.

Well, I have been trying to crash VW 2014 by opening several files and re rendering to get to the dreaded 2.5 gb memory usage threshold and Sorry to say it crashed. So for me, the most troubling thing about VW has not been fixed.

It's hard for me to comprehend how this is acceptable or unfixable. I opened 3 files and re rendered a couple times then opened a complex file and tried to render once and VW crashed.

So I have to keep an eye on activity monitor and can't do too much without closing and reopening VW :(

I've had to re-enter my license serial number each time I launch. Also it doesn't look like all the libraries loaded, and the ones the VSS website showed me don't seem to have installed properly. When I try to open them I get several different dialogues, and then there's nothing in the files. I'm hoping not to have to uninstall and reinstall.

Well, I have been trying to crash VW 2014 by opening several files and re rendering to get to the dreaded 2.5 gb memory usage threshold and Sorry to say it crashed.

Same here. I don't think we're going to have a solution to this until VW goes 64-bit.

Only solution is to split file up into multiple files so you don't have too many viewports in one file. Let's hope workgroup referencing has improved to assist us in this process.

Small stuff but...

They have replaced the batch export pdf with publish? But still the revision code or issue code does not make it through to the pdf name? Our contractors insist on the revision being included in the title for their live information sets (and for good reason).

And still the the revision tool is limited to just letters or just numbers? (Does anyone still do that? we need more flexibility T1, C1 etc.)

And still they put those stupid square brackets in, which planningportal.org cant cope with so we have to manually take them off before uploading

I've only been using it for a few hours. Sorry but I'm disappointed. So many little things could improve functionality.