Unstyled Walls change thickness reference

VincentCuclair

Question

I would like to see the introduction of an option where we can define from what reference line we want to change the wall thickness of Unstyled Walls. i.e. left side, right side, center line. Preferably this option appears automatically in the OIP as soon as the thickness field is activated!

At the moment when you change the thickness of an unstyled wall, the changed amount will disappear/appear equally divided between both sides of the wall because the reference line is always the center line, this is a VERY irritating and tedious setting to take into account, in essence it also automatically means a wall measurement will be wrong when a wall is increased or decreased by an uneven amount.

'In real life' a wall will almost always change from a certain reference line that is NOT the centerline. In 90% of the cases a wall will change thickness from one side i.e. either the outside or inside will stay in place.

At the moment when a wall is changed in thickness it means said maths and actions:

1. Select wall and change thickness,

2. Calculate the difference between the previous and new thickness for each case,

3. Divide by the difference by 2 (with uneven amounts this inevitably means some degree of inaccurate.)

4. Move the wall by this distance (again with uneven amounts a degree of inaccuracy is involved.

5. To avoid inaccuracies with uneven amounts mentioned above the change becomes even more tedious:

A. First one needs to draw a reference line for where the outside or inside of the walls needs to be.

B. Subsequently move the wall to the correct place.

C. Remove the reference line.

Done?! i.e. It is faster to simply draw all the walls with new wall thicknesses again instead.

With the introduction of a my wish several walls even with different thickness can be changed to a new thickness with in 1 go instead of 5.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=9333&filename=Unstyled%20Walls.png

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=9334&filename=Unstyled%20Walls2.png

Edited by Vincent C

1 answer to this question