Scheduling IFC Data

New to the forum, but have been using VW for over 5 years now - recently taking the role of BIM Manager for the Architects practice I work for in the UK - in light of this, I have been working on VW workflows more and more and would appreciate some guidance on the following;

1 - Is it possible to schedule out the raw data that is inputted into the custom property sets of an IFC object in the form of a worksheet? I know that you can find out the database codes for PIOs but is a similar thing available for IFC (Entities and Psets etc..?)

It would be nice if when you created a custom worksheet that under 'objects with a record', IFC would show, but....

2 - Further to this, I know there is a list that shows the standard VW tools and which IFC they are assigned to but has this been taken one step further? Eg. is there a document that list the VW fields against the IFC Property Set fields? Eg. Mark field (in wall tool) to ID field (In IFC Pset_DoorCommon) etc...

This would at least allow me to schedule the data from the inherent VW tools rather than from the raw IFC data. I then have the further concern regarding the need for different instances of the same PIO even if only one piece of IFC data is changed.

I look forward to hearing anyones expiriences on this. As of a note the Graphisoft ArchiCAD 16 2x3 IFC guide shows IFC Scheduling is achievable.

Cheers.

Not had any replies on this one yet; not surprised though as having had a conversation with Vectorworks UK in respect of this my above wishes are yet to be implemented so will have to look for another workflow to achieve what I'm after.

Apparently the record database for the IFC information us not as easily accessible as first hoped;

Going to be having some more in-depth conversations regarding this with them so will keep the thread updated as and when I find out anymore.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to look at the thread :)

• 2 weeks later...

Olly, I'm really interested in this topic also.

Our team has looked at importing ODBC data from Filemaker Databases to attach data to Symbols - which seems to work, but we have not worked out how to import and attach IFC data to over 1000 symbols, and frankly non of us fancy manually inputting the data. As everything works from databases at either end of the process it follows that getting to the data should be a lot easier, whether it is for import or export.

With Government edict that interchangeable BIM is a business requirement for publicly funded projects we definitely need more VWks help on this now mission-critical need, or VWks will lose its customer base.