Existing & Proposed Terrain Models

Norge

I have built a Site Model with both existing and proposed site modifiers. I am able to show how both the existing and proposed Site Model looks by changing the dialogue box in the Design Layer.

However, I am not able to operate these commends from a Viewport in the Sheet Layer. Does anyone know how to show a Site Model in Plan or Section in the sheet layer through a viewport, with Existing and proposed Site Models shown in two different Viewports?

I have tried using the 'Use Site Modifiers on Visible Layers only', which is available in the Site Model Settings dialogue box. and then switching off a layer with the proposed modifiers on from within the viewport - but the viewport doesn't seem to send the message through to the Site Model, which always remains in it's last updated state.

Any help would be appreciated.

The Sheet Layer Viewports do not typically control or offer mods to Design Layer elements. VPs are sort of snapshots of design layer elements with class, layer, viewpoint, and render controls to modify what is revealed in the VP. Adjusting the VP settings does not change settings or objects on the Design Layer.

If you need changes to Design layer elements, you need to make those changes in the design layer.

-B

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Set the Site Model to look the way you want in a specific Viewport and then click Create a Snapshot on the Object Info palette. This will create a version of the site model (that will continue to update if it's proposed). Place this in it's own class or on a specific design layer, then you can control the visibility of this version of the model in different viewports.

You can continue to create Snapshots as you need to show the site with different display settings.

Remember though - a snapshot is a snapshot of the settings not a snapshot in time!

Hope that helps

This works on plan and I am able to show the existing or proposed terrain by creating two snap shots and giving them two different classes.

However, the snap shots do not respond to different background render settings in the viewport, which makes it hard to show the results in section or improve the way the plan is seen.

Am I missing something with the way I created the snapshot?

The snapshot also seems to move away from the modifiers by x=-775mm y=439mm. I can't find any reason why it should jump out of position like this. I have tried to change the offset duplicate preferences, but it's not this. I'm sure this can be fixed, but how?

Are you able to help? I really want to avoid having to create two Site Model, one for existing and one for proposed.