Artlantis

Hello

Would be interested to hear anyones opinion on Artlantis.

I've never been able to get Renderworks to do quite what I wanted (quickly) and the demo of Artlantis Render looks good so far (though only a couple of days in). Would rather get Renderworks to work better (as I have bought it, but also to save exporting files) but in the couple of tests Artlantis are promising - not too expensive either.

I work in the Event / Exhibition industry.

Any opinion appreciated!

Regards

Andrew

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi i have been using artlantis for some 12 years and there are some great improvements in v5

however you do have to convert your existing shaders to fit into the module. the lighting and placement of logos and artwork are fantastic as you can drag and drop the files straight onto the scene.....however i am a new user to renderworks and have to say that the renders i think are far superior to artlantis...i have just rendered a design using a lot of glass and its just.....fantastic

i am on a steep learning kerb in renderworks trying to get the lighting right as in artlantis your in real time so you can see the changes on screen...with renderworks you have to re-render all the time i think this will improve once i master the lighting..i think theres a place for both program dependent on the project if you want speed..artlantis... every time...if you want realism give renderworks a go its worth it