Vsibility Tool Improvement

Kizza

Question

Sometimes I want certain objects in a class to be turned off. I diligently try to keep my classes to a minimum, but without the ability to hide a single/selected objects on the fly, class numbers creep up. I seem to need this mostly within Annotations.

So, as a suggestion, can we have an option within the Visibility tool to hide/show selected objects? Maybe they can be highlighted within the viewport the same as annotations within the viewport are highlighted, so that you can visually track what's been hidden and what's not.

Thinking about my workflow, this tool would need to function in both Sheet Annotations and Saved Views

2 answers to this question

Cross posting from the Classes... thread.

Make two vectorscripts each with one simple line.

The first is:

Show(All);

When you run this, all objects that have had their individual visibility set to hidden will reappear.

The second is:

Hide(SEL=True);

This one will set the visibility state of all the selected objects to hidden.

If you really want to get fancy you could make into menu commands and then add them to your workspace and given the keyboard shortcuts.

I find this useful to get objects out of the way, especially when working in 3d.

This is a global setting, so there is no way to do this for a single viewport.

Additional comment. If you need to change the visibility in different viewports, you really need to think about how you are using classes and layers. Especially the use of sub-classes.