SURVEY FILE INPORT

I am importing a survey file for the 4th time. I am aware the best format is .txt and TAB Delimited.

I was given an original file from the surveyor in ASCII format (.asc) / comma delimited. Upon import, the result was null. VW showed a Stake Object in the OIP - Record Format section though the data read as zero from about 400 data points in the original .asc file and there were no visible 3D loci in the newly created VW file.

I am using an older version of VW (2008) on a Mac Mini 2013 and OSX 10.8.4.

I have opened the file in Text Edit and converted it to Text, Comma delimited as well a second that is TAB delimited and got the same results with each file type.

Any help would be appreciated. Been using VW for many years despite my Greenhorn status.

John Gil

BLINK Design

www.blinkdesignla.com?

Edited by BLINK-LA

Yes, using both Excel and Numbers and saving as a .txt. File. Apparently this is what did the trick. For a half hour or so I did not have the OIP open and did not realize the data imported because it was about 10,000 feet to scale off of the grey drawing area. Turns out the surveyor's data was incomplete!

Thanks for the suggestion. That is in fact what worked.