Fill an extrude

Norge

How to I enable an extruded polylinle, that has a fill, appear as a fill when viewed in Top/Plan and Wireframe, in the same way that a 2d polyline does.

I do not want to have to duplicate the polyline every time I create an extruded object, just so that it appears in a 2d view.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Do you have Vectorworks 2013? If so, you can select the 3D geometry and run Create Auto Hybrid. This will create a plan view and you can determine the desired cut plane for the view too. (Only if you have something other than Vectorworks Fundamentals though.

If you don't have a design series product, you could use the Extract tool and set its preferences to extract a planar object. That will duplicate a 2D version of your geometry.

That works very well for the file with the object in - but it doesn't seem to work in a file that it using it via a reference.

Is there a control I need to use in the file that is using the hybrid object through a viewport reference?