Is it Possible...

Kizza

I've used two viewports, one with a hidden line render and one with Realistic Colours white.

The building on the left is a massing model, the building on the right without a fill is a solid addition. I can't seem to get the solid addition to render with a white fill.

All attributes and classes are fine.

Cant solid additions have a solid fill in Hidden Line??

Kizza, by including the Roof and Roof Faces in a solid addition you lost the hybrid nature of them. That is why you could see through them in Plan View and see the DTM contours. In the attached file I have used Groups instead of Solid Additions and that seems to fix the problems.

Solid additions and subtractions will always show as wireframe objects in Plan View, as do all 3D only objects. In Vw 2012 and earlier versions the only way to get a correct 2D view in Plan Views is to draw the 2D view (Convert Copy to Polygons in Top Plan View will do this) and then create a Hybrid Symbol from the 2D and 3D parts. In Architect 2013 you can do this very simply using the Auto Hybrid command.

The Auto Hybrid command draws the 2D part by itself and creates an object that will show its 2D only in Plan View and its 3D only in 3D views. It is a very clever and useful functionality.

Aahh, I see. Never would have thought of that. Which explains why the ground floor roof shows correctly when rendered, as it wasn't included in the upper floor solid addition.

Although the upper floor roof was actually part of the massing model, not a separate roof per se.

Many Thx.

Edited by Kizza