Extrudes and Holes

GAMO

This is a limitation of the 3d portion of the object you are extruding. Becuase the object is clipped in 2d and then extruded, that strange horizontal line shows up. This is a limitation of that portion of the application at this point in time.

Katie:

After many tryouts I've found that if you make an extrude based on the xy plane, and cut the holes from another extrudes make in the zx or xy plane the lines disappears. I mean the extrusions axis have to be perpendicular to each other.

I'll hope this issue will be solved in future releases of VW.

Thank You smile.gif" border="0

Gamo, Are you refering to subtracting solids?

There is a difference between object properties when an object is clipped in 2d and when objects become solid subtraction objects in 3d. In 3d, subtraction solids take on a whole new type of object rather than the object that is created when you clip it in 2d. Like I stated before, this is a limitation of the programming used to design that portion of the software. The engineers are working on a way around it so the objects arenb't seperated or the line does not appear.